Members of the Board do the following:
- They represent the Blocknet's interests and aim to make decisions to the benefit of the Blocknet
- They are accountable to the Coin Representatives and function to mediate requests and make decisions upon these requests
- They are accountable to the public and are required to publish records of all decisions made
- Review and approve proposals for funding
- Submit their decisions to a third party auditor service (CoinGateway) for authorization
- Cannot spend funds without a majority vote in agreement to spend funds
- Cannot spend funds without the third party auditor’s authorisation to spend funds
Election of board members
The last board member election took place over 48 hours between 6 March and 8 March 2015.
Coin representatives interested in board membership submitted themselves for board member candidacy on the basis of being prepared to take on the following obligations].
Every participating coin was eligible to vote once, through its coin representative.
Every candidate that received a majority vote (4 or more) became a board member.
The results of the election are available here].
Current Board Members
Dan Metcalf (XC): [email protected]
Paul Busch (SWIFT): [email protected]
Russel Waters (Sonic): [email protected]
James Stroud (XST): [email protected]
Arlyn Culwick (XC): [email protected]